Thursday, June 30, 2011

Imagination & Knowledge

Hello to everyone!
I almost forget this homework and I don´t know why.  I liked the talk of Sir Ken Robinson, I think you too.
When I started to listen to the talk, I remembered a sentence of Albert Einstein that I heard a few years ago: “Imagination is more important than knowledge”. I thought in that moment, that a man like him doesn’t would say something like that, because it's contradictory; but I meditated about this words and I realized about his logic to say this, because knowledge entails imagination and Einstein knows this perfectly.
This is the same thing that Ken Robinson wants to transmit in his talk. He says “Creativity now is as important as literacy (same status)” and he’s right.
When he says us that the education system was created by dispositions that impose since industrialization, I can't avoid thinking that my career choice was influenced with this thing, too; because almost all see more our work field (after leave the university) than our talents. This cuts our wings.
This becomes in an ability dictatorship, because to the system aren’t care about look for integral persons, but look for a monochromatic talent, just a side of our abilities. This is proved with subject hierarchy that Ken Robinson talks.
They put in our heads that be original is less important than be methodical, because is very important to the system not be wrong. But, like Ken Robinson says us “If you aren't prepare to be wrong, you never come up with anything original”, and again he’s right.
When we are children, born to be everything and we have all the abilities, but the world is in charge to remove us part of these talents. We should realize of these gifts and use well. Also, we don't to discriminate between those aptitudes, because our jobs should be a symbiosis of all our talents.  After all, we are made to create.


That is all,
Take care all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment