Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Photo & the grandma's empanadas

Hello people, I hope you are well!
I want to say something before: I like to take photographs and I suppose that you also like this, it’s no surprise to me, because a good image is worth more than a thousand words (another cliché) About this picture, I have to say that it’s not my favorite, because I change my tastes all the time, but it’s very special to me, it’s simple & monochromatic.
I took this picture in September 2008, when I was on holiday (18th, September) and it shows to my grandmother kneading to make empanadas, delicious empanadas. I also helped to cook and eat them…
I like this picture because has a warm context; every time, when I see it, I have a home feeling and I like to think in all of this, in the day when I took it and things that I thought in that moment. I like the wrinkles on my grandmother hands, I think that give a symbolic sense to the picture, I don’t what do you say about the old age, but I love this hands in specific, they have a lot of time & work in each line, wrinkles. The hands almost confuse with the pastry, and this is one of the effects that I found in the photograph, the light in black & white, all of this picture is simple but it move me to memories and a lot years ago.
Well, I hope you like it too…
I see you in the next comment, I suppose.
Take care

1 comment:

  1. a simple but very eloquent and simbolic picture...I imagine that this is very special for you. I'd love to see again my grandma's hands, but she isn't here now...but I still can remember those hands weaving a wool vest in the morning...and her smiling face.
    Thanks, you made me remind her... :(

    ReplyDelete