Friday, May 13, 2011

Strike for Education, Fight for Education


Hello people!
Well, today, as a result of all the events which took place in the last weeks, I thought this matter (demonstrations) is indispensable to discuss. That’s why I thank to the teacher, for give us this space to express our opinions.
To start, I have to say this problem affects me in particular, because I have a scholarship and I began only this year in the university. I think this scholarship made possible that I had the possibility to come the university. If I didn’t have this scholarship, I don’t know how I can pay all this. Some or all of you must happen the same thing. Just the fact that our continuity in this place depends on the decisions of some persons, makes me anger. I feel much impotence, because all my expectations, and the expectations of any student, are reduced; and much more impotence because this important problem doesn’t matter for the society.
I still have not helped so much with the demonstrations, because the “university life” is still unclear to me, this is all new and I’m trying to adapt. I come from a modest (although it sounds a cliché) family and getting into the university is a real achievement for them. That’s why I reserve a little distance about this, I don’t want they worry about me (Yes, I’m a mama’s little girl :C). It doesn’t mean that I’m not interested.
Actually, few days ago, I registered in a committee with some classmates, to spread information about educational issues and our requests.
I didn’t go to the demonstration on Thursday, but I’ll join in future demonstrations.
I just want the government works with a little more coherence and realizes about decisions and their implications. Not only works to make rules, but make out this bleak outlook where students have to stay. I’d like that people think a little about every student and their families, and their debts, just for fact of we want to advance. Apparently, the education is not a priority for the government, but they are wrong. After all, we are going to be the work force someday; that’s why we need good education, as another people said, the education should be a right. Unfortunately, in our country, this appears a despicable and profitable business.
Well, I hope someday can see these things really could change, because I’m thinking in the future generations and I wouldn’t like to give them this exhausting legacy.
That’s all, it’s a long comment! be patient
Thanks & take care!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same, this doesn't depend only on us, there's a whole machinery behind this...It's not fair, but change that is our job...this can't go on like this...
    the powerful lie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stupid, few people decide for many students without to know that their decisions affect not only the students but also their families.

    ReplyDelete